Mills & Co Solicitors Limited: Privacy Notice for Applicants for Employment, Including Applicants for Training Contracts and Work Experience
1. Mills & Co Solicitors Limited (registered office and address for correspondence: Floor B, Milburn House, Dean Street, Newcastle, NE1 1LE and company registration number 09654668) (“the company”) collects, uses and is responsible for personal information about you. When the company does this it is the “controller” of the information for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws.
2. The company’s protection contact is Fenella Tookey.
3. This notice contains information about the data that the company may collect and store about you and why. It also tells you with whom we may share this information, the security mechanisms we have put in place to protect your data, and how to make a complaint.
4. The company takes its obligations as to privacy seriously.
5. The company collects data from you only as is necessary for your application.
6. The company does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to other persons your personal data (ie. information personally identifying you) or other information.
7. The company may disclose personal information if it considers that doing so is appropriate to comply with any legal obligation.
8. Otherwise, however, the company will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent.
9. This notice is available on our website and a copy will also be provided to each applicant as soon as possible after an application is made.
10. In making and pursuing an application, you are indicating that you consent to the policy provisions below.
11. We will store any personal data which we may have collected from an unsuccessful applicant for employment, a training contract or work experience for no longer than 3 years after your application.
12. In the case of a successful applicant for work experience, we will store personal data for no longer than 3 years after the period of your work experience.
13. In the case of a successful applicant for employment, including a training contract, we will store personal data (save for HMRC data) for no longer than 7 years following the termination of an employment contract with the company.
14. We will rely on an employee’s employment contract with the company, and implementation of that contract, as our legal basis for processing an employee’s personal information.
15. Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights which you may exercise free of charge. In summary, these rights are:
16. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email our data protection contact at email@example.com, stating the right or rights you wish to exercise.
17. We will respond to you within one calendar month from the time when we receive your request.
18. Please note that the General Data Protection Regulation gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where the alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The UK supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office which may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. If you would like any further information about your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation please see the Guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office, Individuals’ rights under the GDPR.
This notice was updated and published on 10th July 2018.